We offset the carbon footprint of all our orders | Minimalism brand
Today we bring another piece of news that makes us, if possible, more in love with what we do every day in Minimalism :
"We are going to offset the carbon footprint of all our orders in Minimalism"
In the last post we explained how we have carried out the audit of all our manufacturing processes: From obtaining the raw material, to its treatment, and to the distribution of the products to our warehouse and to the final customer.
You can see it here , there are interesting facts like these:
- 91% reduction in water consumption vs. conventional cotton.
- 35% reduction in energy consumption in the handling, treatment and transport of cotton.
- 55% reduction in CO2 emissions into the atmosphere.
However, we have not stopped there.
We are also going to offset the carbon footprint of each order without passing the cost on to the customer.
Each order has an impact (Kilos) that can be converted into monetary units (in our case euros). At Minimalism we have decided to compensate for the footprint left by each of our orders by investing this amount in projects with a social and cultural impact that are carried out in the places where we obtain our raw materials.
These projects range from the development of kitchens with solar energy, to the development of renewable energies, whether solar or wind energy.
The active projects we have right now are:
- Reforestation of land for cultivation in India (20%):
- With this project we managed to reforest degraded areas, thus promoting the work of small farmers and local communities. You can see more HERE .
- Renewable energy (70%):
- Wind power project in Karadere, Turkey. Offsetting the emission of 31 tons of CO2 per year. Promoting the creation of jobs and the development of local communities. You can see more information HERE .
- Solar cookers (10%):
- Implementation of solar cookers in China. This project consists of deploying 49K solar cookers to replace the use of coal as an energy source. You can see more information HERE
We are aware that we will always have some impact on the environment when manufacturing any of our products and when transporting it.
But we continue to work so that this impact is as small as possible. As we always say:
"We are part of the problem but also part of the solution"
During the purchase process on our website, in the product file, you will be able to see all the information about the projects we work on and, at the end of your order, you will receive a zero carbon footprint certificate in your mail.
We know that we are not perfect, but every day we work to offer you more quality products manufactured in a sustainable way, making our impact as small as possible.
Thanks for being a part of this.